This recipe is one we frequently serve to our overnight guests at the Inn at Desert Wind. It's easy to prepare and tastes great warm from the oven.
Prep Time: 60 Minutes | Cook Time: 70 Minutes
12 ounces (about 4) cubed croissants
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon of ground cloves
½ cup of maple syrup
- large bowl
- plastic wrap
- glass baking pan
1. Place cubed croissants in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together: eggs, milk, cream, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves.
3. Pour batter over the top of the croissants, and press batter into bread.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1-2 hrs.
5. Pour bread pudding into a glass pan, cover with foil and place into a cold oven.
6. Set the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Remove the foil and continue baking for another 30-40 minutes, until golden brown and puffy.
8. Remove from the oven and drizzle with maple syrup. (Make this recipe your own: consider a dollop of french vanilla ice cream, fresh sun-kissed blackberries, sprinkle of crushed pecans or even a dusting of powdered sugar on top!)
9. Serve warm. Enjoy!
We love to receive feedback. If you make any of these recipes, let us know!